Thank you for being one of our most loyal readers. Please consider supporting community journalism by subscribing.
WAKE FOREST — Raleigh-based band Big Love will headline Friday Night on White in downtown Wake Forest tonight. The free outdoor concert will take place from 6-9 p.m. along South White Street.
Food and refreshments will be available for purchase at several downtown restaurants. Plus, the following food and dessert trucks will be on-site in the Depot Parking Lot, 110 S. White St.: Adobo Joe, Baozi, Beefy Buns, Charlie’s Grill on Wheels, Cousins Maine Lobster, Kona Ice, Lumpy’s Ice Cream, Qspresso, The Redneck BBQ Lab, The VFW Chuckwagon and Virgil’s Jamaica.
Event organizers urge anyone planning to attend Friday Night on White to know the following:
• No outside alcohol or coolers are permitted during Friday Night on White, but beer, wine, soft drinks and water will be available for purchase within the festival area.
• All attendees wishing to purchase beer and wine will be required to present age identification and wear the provided identifying bracelet.
• Beer serving stations will be located at the western end of Owen Avenue, adjacent to B&W Hardware; at the intersection of Jones Avenue and South White Street; and in the vicinity of the South White Street and Wait Avenue intersection.
• Wine serving stations will be provided at the wine tents located near the intersection of Wait Avenue and South White Street.
• The last call for outside beer and wine is 8:50 p.m.
• Festivities end along South White Street at 9:30 p.m.
• Stay off the railroad tracks. Standing on or near the railroad tracks is trespassing.
• Anyone planning to use Uber or Lyft is encouraged to set the Wake Forest Town Hall, 301 S. Brooks St., as the destination and pickup location.
Free parking will be available during each Friday Night on White at Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary and along several side streets and parking lots throughout downtown Wake Forest and beyond. Public lots that are open to Friday Night on White attendees are clearly marked.
The final 2019 concert will feature Crush on Sept. 13.
In the event of inclement weather on the day of a concert, a decision on whether to proceed will be made no later than 4 p.m. Updated concert information will be posted on the town’s website, Nextdoor site and Facebook page and available by calling the Wake Forest Weather Line at 919-435-9569.