Thank you for being one of our most loyal readers. Please consider supporting community journalism by subscribing.
WAKE FOREST — Popular party band Crush will headline the final Friday Night on White of 2019 tonight. The free outdoor concert will take place from 6-9 p.m. along South White Street in historic downtown Wake Forest.
Food and refreshments will be available for purchase at several downtown restaurants. The following food and dessert trucks will be on site in the Depot Parking Lot, 110 S. White St.: Baguettaboutit, Bourbon Street Beignets, Bulkogi, Charlie’s Grill on Wheels, CockADoodleMoo, Cousins Maine Lobster, Gonza Tacos Y Tequila, Kona Ice, Lumpy’s Ice Cream, Sarge’s Chef on Wheels, The VFW Chuckwagon and Virgil’s Jamaica.
Event organizers urge anyone planning to attend Friday Night on White to know the following:
• No outside alcohol or coolers are permitted during Friday Night on White, but beer, wine, soft drinks and water will be available for purchase within the festival area.
• All attendees wishing to purchase beer and wine will be required to present age identification and wear the provided identifying bracelet.
• Beer serving stations will be located at the western end of Owen Avenue, adjacent to B&W Hardware; at the intersection of Jones Avenue and South White Street; and in the vicinity of the South White Street and Wait Avenue intersection.
• Wine serving stations will be provided at the wine tents located near the intersection of Wait Avenue and South White Street.
• Designated drivers will be eligible to receive two complimentary waters during each Friday Night on White concert. To be eligible, you must be at least 21-years-old with a valid driver’s license. Visit any of the three information tents for details.
• The last call for outside beer and wine is 8:50 p.m.
• Festivities end along South White Street at 9:30 p.m.
• Stay off the railroad tracks. Standing on or near the railroad tracks is trespassing.
• Anyone planning to use Uber or Lyft is encouraged to set the Wake Forest Town Hall, 301 S. Brooks St., as the destination and pickup location.
Free parking will be available at Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary and along several side streets and parking lots throughout downtown Wake Forest and beyond. Some parking lots may appear to be public, when in fact they are private. Read all signage in the parking lot to determine what type of lot you are using. Private lots are intended for business patrons only. Public lots that are open to Friday Night on White attendees are clearly marked.
In the event of inclement weather on the day of the concert, a decision on whether to proceed will be made no later than 4 p.m. Updated concert information will be posted on the town’s website, Nextdoor site and Facebook page and available by calling the Wake Forest Weather Line at 919-435-9569.
For complete information about Friday Night on White, visit wakeforestnc.gov and search “Friday Night on White.”