Thank you for being one of our most loyal readers. Please consider supporting community journalism by subscribing.
WAKE FOREST — The Wake Forest Area Chamber of Commerce has announced its first-ever Retail Therapy showcase.
Planned as a way to feature chamber members who are in fashion and home interior design, the event will also benefit three local charities.
“We have so many amazing locally owned businesses here in Wake Forest,” said Ann Welton, chamber president. “This event will allow shoppers to experience many different boutiques in one gorgeous location — The Sutherland. At the same time, each merchant has committed to donating a percentage of their sales to charity. So, everyone benefits!”
The event is set for 5-8 p.m. Thursday at The Sutherland Estate and Garden, 13371 Wake Union Church Road in Wake Forest. A $20 donation ($25 at the door) allows entry into the event and one beverage ticket. Raffle tickets will be sold for $1 each, and there will be plenty of prizes to go around including many high-value gift cards from the shopping partners. Wine will be provided by POUR Bar Services.
Guest are invited to shop till they drop, and upon checkout, choose one of three charities to support with their purchases.
Advance donations are available by calling the chamber at 919-556-1519. Donations may also be made at the door.
The three charities involved are:
• Oh Lord Help Us, which mentors and empowers women through meetings, mentor groups and an employment program for young ladies who have aged out of foster care.
• Cancer Shucks, which contributes to families dealing with cancer in Wake Forest and the surrounding communities, assisting in ways that affect the family’s day-to-day ability to maintain order in their home as well as their lives such as providing meals, cleaning homes, performing yard maintenance and offering transportation.
• Hope House, which is an outreach ministry for Wake Forest and surrounding communities. Its vision is enrichment beyond the classroom and its mission is to improve local youth’s life skills educationally, socially and spiritually. It offers an after-school tutoring program, book bag giveaway and an Angel Tree to benefit local children. It also has a mobile food bank serving more than 40 families.
Shopping partners include:
• Vitzsie Boutique
• Glam at Galleria
• Lily Mae’s Boutique & Gifts
• Arrow Tree Boutique
• Help Me Rhonda Interiors
• Beautiful Chaos Mobile Boutique
• My Fashion Sherpa
• Style House Designs
• The Nesting Spot