Thank you for being one of our most loyal readers. Please consider supporting community journalism by subscribing.
WAKE FOREST — Wake Forest-area residents have through today to share their thoughts and opinions on the future of Flaherty Dog Park.
“Picture Flaherty Dog Park” is an initiative designed to solicit public input concerning possible improvements at the facility. As part of the effort, area residents are invited to share their comments online at http://bit.ly/PictureFlahertyDogPark. The survey takes less than five minutes to complete.
Area residents were also invited to attend one of two public meetings about Flaherty Dog Park on July 23 and July 25 at the Wake Forest Renaissance Centre, 405 S. Brooks St.
Officials will use the feedback obtained from the completed surveys and during the public meetings to identify potential enhancements to the dog park.
The town of Wake Forest opened Flaherty Dog Park in June 2007. Located at 1226 N. White St., the three-acre park features a paved entrance and two exercise areas. Each of the fenced areas — one for small dogs and one for larger dogs — includes grass cover, picnic tables, shade trees, waste stations and a water fountain for both dogs and people. The fenced areas are accessed through a double-gated entry system designed to allow dog owners the opportunity to remove or fasten dog leashes prior to entering or exiting the facility.
Flaherty Dog Park is open free to the public daily from dawn until dusk. Before visiting the park, area dog owners are encouraged to review the “Dog Park Rules of Conduct” online at http://bit.ly/FlahertyDogParkRules.
For more information about “Picture Flaherty Dog Park,” contact Parks, Recreation & Cultural Resources Director Ruben Wall at 919-435-9561 or email@example.com.